Gaura Siskiyou Pink Preferred Exposure:
– Gaura Siskiyou Pink will prefer full sun or afternoon sun and morning shade
exposures in the North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine area gardens landscape.
Gaura Siskiyou Pink Foliage:
– Siskiyou Pink Gaura’s foliage emerges new as a deep maroon and ages to a mottled
green and deep maroon.
Gaura Siskiyou Pink Soil Preference / Salt tolerance:
– Gaura lindheimeri is a Native of Texas and Louisiana. They prefer well drained and
even infertile soils. The sandier the better! (plants grown in to fertile of soil will tend to be leggy and have
– Salt tolerance unknown
Gaura Siskiyou Pink Size Variance:
– Gaura Siskiyou Pink will grow approximately 2 – 2 1/2 ft tall and 2 ft wide.
Gaura Siskiyou Pink Growth Habit:
– Evergreen, clumping almost grass like perennial forms an attractive mound of
foliage that unlike so many other perennial plants never needs dividing!
Gaura Siskiyou Pink Growth Rate:
– Fast growing Gaura Lindheimeri Siskiyou Pink can be expected to reach its full
height in the first season and its full width by the second growth season in the North Florida | Jacksonville |
St. Augustine area landscape.
Gaura Lindheimeri Siskiyou Pink Bloom:
– The bright pink blooms of Gaura Lindheimeri Siskiyou Pink resemble little
butterflies and are held upright on long stalks above the foliage and are closely set on the branching spikes,
they open just a few at a time with the fading flowers falling neatly from the stems as new ones open to take
their place from spring into summer and fall.
Gaura Siskiyou Pink Water Requirements:
– Gaura Lindheimeri Siskiyou Pink is drought tolerant once established in the
landscape, regular water is necessary to get the plant rooted and growing on its own after being planted in the
ground from a nursery container.
Butterfly or Bird Attracting:
– Gaura Siskiyou Pink will attract butterflies to your gardens landscape.
Best Uses For Gaura Siskiyou Pink in the North Florida | Jacksonville | St.
Augustine area garden:
– Gaura’s have long been a personal favorite perennial for my garden. The dainty
butterfly shaped blooms, low maintenance requirements and drought tolerance of gaura make it a perfect addition
to any well drained or even hot and dry area of the garden where other plants tend to suffer.
– Plant in masses around a bird bath or other accent for a beautiful and
graceful display of blooms.
– Gaura Lindheimeri Siskiyou Pink makes a great companion plant for other perennials
in the garden and adds an instant cottage garden feel when planted in the landscape.
– Tolerant of poor soils and preferring well draining soil conditions, Gaura
make an ideal accent in a mixed flower pot or container planting.
Care of Gaura Lindheimeri Siskiyou Pink in the North Florida | Jacksonville | St.
Augustine area landscape:
– Remember Gaura respond better to well drained infertile soil so light on the
attention for best blooming results. Save all the TLC for a fussier plant.
– Water every day during the establishment period after planting in the garden from
a nursery container.
– Prune out old foliage each spring or as needed any time of the year.
– Fertilize each spring with a handful of garden compost or a mixture of Milorganite
and a slow release poly coated plant food such as Osmocote or Stay Green general purpose plant food or