S & J Nursery’s Daylily Galadriel
For Northeast Florida Landscapes
( Hemerocallis ‘Galadriel’)
Daylily Galadriel Preferred Exposure:
– Daylily Galadriel will tolerate full sun and morning shade with afternoon sun
locations in the North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine landscape.
Daylily Galadriel Daylily Foliage:
– Evergreen perennial has grassy foliage adds great texture to the landscape.
Daylily Galadriel Soil Preference / Salt tolerance:
– Daylily Galadriel will prefer dry, well drained soils with high organic matter
content so remember to add some compost or manure to the planting hole when you first install your daylily and a
handful or so of compost each year will keep daylily’s foliage and blooms looking great.
Daylily Galadriel Daylily Size Variance:
– The foliage on the Daylily Galadriel will reach 12 inches high and wide with the
flower stalks rising to just above the foliage.
Daylily Galadriel Daylily Growth Habit:
– Clumping, grass like perennial forms an attractive mound of foliage.
Daylily Galadriel Growth Rate:
– Fast growing Daylily cultivar.
Daylily Galadriel Bloom:
– Daylily Galadriel is a reblooming daylily variety that is an extra early bloomer
and has loads of 3 inch golden blooms.
– Repeat bloomer
Daylily Galadriel Daylily Water Requirements:
– Drought tolerant once established in the landscape, regular water is necessary to
get the Daylily Galadriel rooted and growing on its own after being planted in the ground from a nursery
Butterfly or Bird Attracting:
– Mac the Knife Daylily blooms will attract hummingbirds and butterfly’s to your
garden to feed on the nectar produced by the flowers.
Best Uses For Daylily Galadriel Daylily’s:
– I love to see Daylilies in masses of 7 or more plants, they are unbelievably
beautiful when in bloom and the evergreen grass like foliage is a great garden filler and an attractive
landscape plant when they are not blooming.
– Try Daylily Galadriel daylilies in a decorative pot on a porch or patio for a low
maintenance pop of color during the summer months near a patio or pool area where they can be enjoyed.
Care of Daylily Galadriel Daylily:
– Water every day during the establishment period after planting in the garden from
a nursery container.
-They will need good water during the establishment period and supplemental
irrigation during dry spells or particularly hot dry summers.
– Prune out old foliage each spring or as needed any time of the year.
– Fertilize each spring with a handful of garden compost or a mixture of Milorganite
and a slow release poly coated plant food such as Osmocote or Stay Green general purpose plant food or