S & J Nursery’s Guide
Jolyene Nichole Daylily
for Northeast Florida Landscapes
( Hemerocallis ‘Jolyene Nichole’)
Jolyene Nichole Daylily Preferred Exposure:
– Jolyene Nichole Daylily will tolerate full sun to light shade ( morning shade and afternoon sun ) in our
North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine area gardens.
Jolyene Nichole Daylily Foliage:
– Evergreen foliage remains green during the winter months
here in the Northeast Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine area garden.
Jolyene Nichole Daylily Soil Preference / Salt tolerance:
– Jolyene Nichole Daylily will prefer dry, well drained soils with high organic
matter content so remember to add some compost or manure to the planting hole when you first install your
daylily and a handful or so of compost each year will keep daylily’s foliage and blooms looking great
Jolyene Nichole Daylily Size Variance:
– The foliage on the Jolyene Nichole Daylily will reach 14″ inches high
and 12 inches wide with the flower stalks rising to just above the foliage.
Jolyene Nichole Daylily Growth Habit:
– Evergreen, clumping grass like perennial forms an attractive mound of foliage.
Jolyene Nichole Daylily Growth Rate:
– Moderate to fast growing Daylily cultivar.
Jolyene Nichole Daylily Bloom:
– Big beautiful 6 inch blooms on compact plants! Jolyene Nichole
Daylilies are a soft rosy pink color and area a repeat bloomer.
– Mid season bloomer
Jolyene Nichole Daylily Water Requirements:
– Drought tolerant once established in the landscape, regular water is necessary to
get the plant rooted and growing on its own after being planted in the ground from a nursery container.
Butterfly or Bird Attracting:
– Jolyene Nichole Daylily blooms will attract hummingbirds and butterfly’s to your
garden to feed on the nectar produced by the flowers.
Best Uses For Jolyene Nichole Daylily:
– I love to see Daylilies in masses of 7 or more plants, they are unbelievably
beautiful when in bloom and a great garden filler when not.
– Daylily Jolyene Nichole makes an excellent companion plant to other
perennial flowering plants because it compliments everything!!!
– Try Daylily Jolyene Nichole in a decorative pot on a porch or patio for
a low maintenance pop of color during the summer months near a patio or pool area where they can be enjoyed.
Care of Jolyene Nichole Daylily:
– Water every day during the establishment period after planting in the garden from
a nursery container.
-They will need good water during the establishment period and supplemental
irrigation during dry spells or particularly hot dry summers.
– Prune out old foliage each spring or as needed any time of the year.
– Fertilize each spring with a handful of garden compost or a mixture of Milorganite
and a slow release poly coated plant food such as Osmocote or Stay Green general purpose plant food or