S & J Nursery’s Daylily Double Talk
for Northeast Florida Landscape
( Hemerocallis ‘Double Talk’)
Daylily Double Talk Preferred Exposure:
– Daylily Double Talk will tolerate full sun to light shade ( morning shade and afternoon sun )
in our North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine area gardens.
Daylily Double Talk Foliage:
– Evergreen foliage will remain green in the winter here in the
Northeast Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine area garden.
Daylily Double Talk Soil Preference / Salt tolerance:
– Daylily Double Talk will prefer dry, well drained soils with high
organic matter content so remember to add some compost or manure to the planting hole when you first install
your daylily and a handful or so of compost each year will keep daylily’s foliage and blooms looking great
Daylily Double Talk Size Variance:
– The foliage on the Daylily Double Talk will reach 24-30 inches
high and 12 inches wide with the flower stalks rising to just above the foliage here in our Northeast Florida,
Jacksonville and St. Augustine area gardens.
Daylily Double Talk Daylily Growth Habit:
– Grass like perennial forms an attractive mound of foliage.
Daylily Double Talk Growth Rate:
– Moderate to fast growing Daylily cultivar.
Daylily Double Talk Bloom:
– Daylily Double talk has large 5 inch wide double blooms that are a bright
sunny yellow – orange color!
– late season bloomer
– Repeat Bloomer!
Daylily Double Talk Water Requirements:
– Drought tolerant once established in the landscape, regular water is necessary to
get the plant rooted and growing on its own after being planted in the ground from a nursery container.
Butterfly or Bird Attracting:
– Daylily Double Talk blooms will attract hummingbirds and
butterfly’s to your garden to feed on the nectar produced by the flowers.
Best Uses For Daylily Double Talk:
– I love to see Daylilies in masses of 7 or more plants, they are unbelievably
beautiful when in bloom and a great garden filler when not.
– Daylily Double Talk makes an excellent companion plant to
other perennial flowering plants because it compliments everything!!!
– Try Daylily Double Talk in a decorative pot on a porch or patio
for a low maintenance pop of color during the summer months near a patio or pool area where they can be
Care of Daylily Double Talk:
– Water every day during the establishment period after planting in the garden from
a nursery container.
-They will need good water during the establishment period and supplemental
irrigation during dry spells or particularly hot dry summers.
– Prune out old foliage each spring or as needed any time of the year.
– Fertilize each spring with a handful of garden compost or a mixture of Milorganite
and a slow release poly coated plant food such as Osmocote or Stay Green general purpose plant food or