S & J Nursery’s Guide to Growing
Daylily Siloam Double Classic
for Northeast Florida Gardens
( Hemerocallis ‘Siloam Double Classic’ )
Daylily Siloam Double Classic Preferred Exposure:
– Full sun or morning shade and afternoon sun exposure.
Daylily Siloam Double Classic Foliage:
– Medium Green lance like blades form upright mounds of foliage.
. – Winter Dormant ( deciduous)
Daylily Siloam Double Classic Soil Preference / Salt tolerance:
– Siloam Double Classic Daylily’s will prefer dry, well drained soils with high
organic matter content so remember to add some compost or manure to the planting hole when you first install your daylily and a handful or so of compost each year will keep daylily’s foliage and blooms looking great
Daylily Siloam Double Classic Size Variance:
– The foliage on the Daylily Siloam Double Classic will reach 16 inches high and 12 inches wide with the flower stalks rising to just above the foliage.
Daylily Siloam Double Classic Growth Habit:
– Clumping grass like perennial forms an attractive mound of foliage.
Daylily Siloam Double Classic Growth Rate:
– Moderate growing Daylily.
Daylily Siloam Double Classic Bloom:
-Big bold and beautiful blooms are 5 inches in width and have an extra layer of upright petals in the center giving them their unique double peach blooms.
– Early to Mid season blooms.
Daylily Siloam Double Classic Water Requirements:
– Drought tolerant once established in the landscape, regular water is necessary to get the plant rooted and growing on its own after being planted in the ground from a nursery container.
Butterfly or Bird Attracting:
– Daylily Siloam Double Classic blooms will attract hummingbirds and butterfly’s to your garden to feed on the nectar produced by the flowers.
Best Uses For Daylily Siloam Double Classic:
-Siloam Double Classic Daylilies are a medium height grower making them a versatile landscape plant selection. Add them to mixed container plantings, use in masses around focal points like birdbaths and ornamental trees for a stunning summer flower display.
– Daylily are the perfect compliments in mixed perennial borders adding
texture to the landscape when not in bloom and colorful eye catching jewels in the garden when they are blooming.
Care of Daylily Siloam Double Classic:
– Water every day during the establishment period after planting in the garden from a nursery container.
-They will need good water during the establishment period and supplemental irrigation during dry spells or particularly hot dry summers.
– Fertilize each spring with a handful of garden compost as the foliage emerges or a mixture of Milorganite and a slow release poly coated plant food such as Osmocote or Stay Green general purpose plant food or 10-10-10.