S & J Nursery's Guide to
Pandoras Box Daylily
For Northeast Florida Landscapes
( Hemerocallis 'Pandoras Box')
Pandoras Box Daylily Preferred Exposure:
- Pandoras Box Daylily will tolerate full sun and morning shade with afternoon sun
locations in the North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine landscape.
Pandoras Box Daylily Foliage:
- Evergreen perennial has grassy foliage adds great texture to the landscape.
Pandoras Box Daylily Soil Preference / Salt tolerance:
- Pandoras Box Daylily will prefer dry, well drained soils with high organic matter
content so remember to add some compost or manure to the planting hole when you first install your daylily and a
handful or so of compost each year will keep daylily's foliage and blooms looking great.
Pandoras Box Daylily Size Variance:
- The foliage on the Pandoras Box Daylily will reach 24 inches high and 16-24 inches
wide with the flower stalks rising to just above the foliage.
Pandoras Box Daylily Growth Habit:
- Clumping, grass like perennial forms an attractive mound of foliage.
Pandoras Box Daylily Growth Rate:
- Fast growing Daylily cultivar.
Pandoras Box Daylily Bloom:
- Pandoras Box Daylily has 4 inch fragrant blooms that are a creamy white to pale
yellow color with a rosy purple eye and yellow green throat. A favorite of gardeners that is just hard to keep
in stock once it blooms Pandoras Box Daylily is at home in any garden setting.
- Mid season
Pandoras Box Daylily Water Requirements:
- Drought tolerant once established in the landscape, regular water is necessary to
get the Pandoras Box Daylily rooted and growing on its own after being planted in the ground from a nursery
Butterfly or Bird Attracting:
- Pandoras Box Daylily blooms will attract hummingbirds and butterfly's to your
garden to feed on the nectar produced by the flowers.
Best Uses For Pandoras Box Daylily:
- I love to see Daylilies in masses of 7 or more plants, they are unbelievably
beautiful when in bloom and the evergreen grass like foliage is a great garden filler and an attractive
landscape plant when they are not blooming.
- Try Pandoras Box Daylilies in a decorative pot on a porch or patio for a low
maintenance pop of color during the summer months near a patio or pool area where they can be enjoyed.
Care of Pandoras Box Daylily:
- Water every day during the establishment period after planting in the garden from
a nursery container.
-They will need good water during the establishment period and supplemental
irrigation during dry spells or particularly hot dry summers.
- Prune out old foliage each spring or as needed any time of the year.
- Fertilize each spring with a handful of garden compost or a mixture of Milorganite
and a slow release poly coated plant food such as Osmocote or Stay Green general purpose plant food or
Like Daylily Pandoras
Box? Want more daylilies?
Check out this link for
North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine are
for other cultivars that do great in our area!
For more information
on Pandoras Box Daylily here!