S & J Nursery's
Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids
( Pentas Hybrid Butterfly Mix)
Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids Origins:
Native to tropical regions of Africa.
This compact selection of an old garden favorite provides a long lasting bloom season perfect for middle
of the border plantings for our North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine area hot humid summers.
Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids Preferred Exposure:
- Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids will prefer a full sun or partial shade
partial sun location.
Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids Foliage:
- Medium green compact foliage.
Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids Soil Preference / Salt tolerance:
- Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids is not particular about the components of the soil
it is planted in providing they are planted in a well draining location.
- Salt tolerance for Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids is unknown.
Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids Size Variance:
- Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids is a lower growing Pentas selection only
reaching 12-22 inches in height and 10-18 inches in width!
Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids Growth Habit:
- Densely foliated plants are well branched and tend to be as wide as they are tall
forming a mounded habit.
Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids Growth Rate:
- Fast growing Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids can be expected to reach its full
height in the first season in the North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine area landcape.
Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids Bloom:
- Three inch wide clusters of star shaped tubular blooms in late spring summer and
fall. Butterfly Mix contains both White / Pink / Red / Lavender/ Blush light pink / Deep cherry rose /
and light lavender pink colored blooms. Really very showy blooms.
Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids Water Requirements:
- Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids will require supplimental irrigation for best
Butterfly or Bird Attracting:
- Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids will attract butterflies to your gardens landscape.
Hummingbirds will be attracted in particular to the Red selection.
Best Uses For Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids in the North Florida | Jacksonville |
St. Augustine area garden:
- Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids will perform well in the North Florida landscape.
They are a great low maintenance plant selection for loads of booms with almost no maintenance after planting.
The medium sized height fits nicely into more modern landscapes and can easily be incorporated into any
- Butterfly and hummingbird attracting flower!
- Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids makes a great companion plant for other perennials
in the garden and adds an instant cottage garden feel when planted in any landscape.
- Plant in masses for easy maintenance blooms that make a great flowering display
all during the spring summer and fall seasons in the North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine area
Care of Pentas Butterfly Mixed Hybrids in the North Florida | Jacksonville | St.
Augustine area landscape:
- Water every day during the establishment period after planting in the garden from
a nursery container, once plants have established themselves into the landscape taper water back to just a
weekly application if local rainfall levels are low.
- Perennial in central and south Florida this selection of Pentas is most often
planted as an annual and replaced at the end of the season with cool season annuals in our North Florida
climate. I like to leave the foliage and roots in place, covering the base of the plant with a thick layer of
pine straw that you can remove the following spring and trim off dead stalks above where the new growth appears
the following spring season )
- Fertilize each spring and again in mid summer and fall with a handful of garden
compost or a mixture of Milorganite and a slow release poly coated plant food
Osmocote or Stay Green general purpose plant food
Click here for more information on
Pentas Graffiti Mixed Hybrids
for the North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine area landscape.