S & J Nursery's Daylily Aztec Gold
for Northeast Florida Landscapes
( Hemerocallis 'Aztec Gold')
Daylily Aztec Gold Preferred Exposure:
- Daylily Aztec Gold will tolerate full sun to light shade ( morning shade and afternoon sun ) in our North
Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine area gardens.
Daylily Aztec Gold Foliage:
- Deciduous foliage will go dormant in the winter months and return early in
March here in the Northeast Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine area gardens and landscapes.
Daylily Aztec Gold Soil Preference / Salt tolerance:
- Daylily Aztec Gold will prefer dry, well drained soils with high organic
matter content so remember to add some compost or manure to the planting hole when you first install your
daylily and a handful or so of compost each year will keep daylily's foliage and blooms looking great
Daylily Aztec Gold Size Variance:
- The foliage on the Daylily Aztec Gold will reach 16-18 inches high and
12 inches wide with the flower stalks rising to just above the foliage.
Daylily Aztec Gold Daylily Growth Habit:
- Grass like perennial forms an attractive mound of foliage.
Daylily Aztec Gold Growth Rate:
- Fast growing Daylily cultivar.
Daylily Aztec Gold Bloom:
- Aztec Gold Daylilies are an heirloom garden classic that will never go out of
style. The plant covers itself in simple and elegant golden yellow 3.5 inch blooms in late spring and
- Early to mid season bloomer
- Repeat Bloomer!
Daylily Aztec Gold Water Requirements:
- Drought tolerant once established in the landscape, regular water is necessary to
get the plant rooted and growing on its own after being planted in the ground from a nursery container.
Butterfly or Bird Attracting:
- Daylily Aztec Gold blooms will attract hummingbirds and butterfly's to your garden
to feed on the nectar produced by the flowers.
Best Uses For Daylily Aztec Gold:
- I love to see Daylilies in masses of 7 or more plants, they are unbelievably
beautiful when in bloom and a great garden filler when not.
- Daylily Aztec Gold makes an excellent companion plant to other perennial
flowering plants because it compliments everything!!!
- Try Daylily Aztec Gold in a decorative pot on a porch or patio for a low
maintenance pop of color during the summer months near a patio or pool area where they can be enjoyed.
Care of Daylily Aztec Gold:
- Water every day during the establishment period after planting in the garden from
a nursery container.
-They will need good water during the establishment period and supplemental
irrigation during dry spells or particularly hot dry summers.
- Prune out old foliage each spring or as needed any time of the year.
- Fertilize each spring with a handful of garden compost or a mixture of Milorganite
and a slow release poly coated plant food such as Osmocote or Stay Green general purpose plant food or
Like Daylily Aztec Gold but still want to see
Check out this link for
North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine
for other cultivars that do great in our area!
For more information on Daylily Aztec Gold click here!